Thursday, June 12, 2014

Memorable Experience

The experience that comes to my mind as the most memorable this semester was the field trip to Bowdoin. I really enjoyed the exhibit, and my favorite part was how most of us got to point out a specific photo we liked and learn more about it. The woman showing us around gave interesting information, but didn't go on and on until we got bored. The trip was great timing because we had learned about some of the photos and photographers in class, so we could share our input and knowledge. I loved the diverse selection of photos, and the fact that many of them were very out of the ordinary and thought-provoking. It was fascinating to learn the different methods photographers used to add effects to their photos before photoshop existed. It was a lot harder without technology, but they found ways to be creative and inventive with real life objects. This has impacted my learning because it has inspired me to dig deeper and find out more about ways photographers have experimented with their photos to change them (with & without photoshop). I have enjoyed finally learning to work with photoshop. When I take a photo that turned out well, I will often use photoshop to enhance it. I am lucky to have the countless tools on the program that can make my photos perfect in my eyes and it would be stupid not to take advantage of them. I also liked being able to be creative with these tools in the Culture Clash assignment - I honestly think our final products are reminiscent to some of the photos in the exhibit. I never would have been motivated or even thought to do any of this without the field trip. Even though it was only about an hour and a half, it increased my creativity and interest in researching different photographers. I am grateful I had this field trip to expand my horizon and I think what I took from it will still stick with me next year in Photo 2 and 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment