Thursday, June 12, 2014

Assignment I Am Most Proud Of

The assignment I am most proud of is Free Choice. Contrary to opinion of other people in the class who thought it should be at the beginning of the semester, I think it was perfect timing to have it as our last homework assignment. I don't think you need it first to figure out what you like to photograph because you do that throughout the semester with the specific assignments. For example: I realized Hobbies & Interests and Food were two of my favorite assignments and things I liked to photograph, while the Shadows and Shapes assignments weren't really my forte. What's great about having this assignment at the end is that we are taking it of things we love to photograph (which we really know the answer to at that point), and we get to use the things we have learned throughout the semester! I learned different composition rules and features on my camera that made my photos turn out way better. Also, Maine weather should always be taken into account. It was so ideal to have a nice day to take photos outside, my favorite place to photograph. I took photos of things like the sunset, the ocean, and my family's garden. The feeling of coming out with a few photos that I was really proud of was truly amazing. It feels as though all the work I did during the semester had paid off. Adding on to my Free Choice post, here are some other photos from this assignment I am proud of. The first is another of a flower. The flash made the background dark and made what's on the pedals crystal clear. The second is the photo I decided to print in class. I was so happy the photos from this assignment were put on the white cardboard background, so now I have it to hang up in my house. I don't think I can take much of the credit for this photo, I have to give it to the beautiful nature, colors, and weather of Maine. The ocean is one of the things I am passionate of taking photos of. I only had the opportunity to do that, share it with the class and even have in on display on the school because of this assignment.





No comments:

Post a Comment